Gene Graham has a commanding presence in the courtroom with an ability to connect with a jury that is seen by others as coming natural to him.
“I chose to become a lawyer because of my father, Gene P. Graham Sr., who was the finest man and trial lawyer I have ever known. He was also the most influential person in my career and life. I think about him and miss him every day.”
While his decision to be a lawyer was motivated by growing up watching his father practice law, Gene has also dedicated his career to developing an ability to present a case effectively at trial. He focuses his practice in a number of areas, including employment discrimination and sexual harassment, personal injury, consumer fraud and class actions. Gene started his practice in 1985.
In addition, Gene is committed to continuing legal education and frequently gives his time as a guest lecturer to the local bar association and The Missouri Bar. He’s also been repeatedly recognized as one of the most accomplished attorneys in the community with honors that include Kansas City Best of the Bar recognition and inclusion in the Top 50 Attorneys in Kansas City by Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers.
A native of Raytown, MO and a graduate of Raytown South High School, Gene now lives in Lee’s Summit. He and his wife Lori have three children — Patrick, Lindsey and Jack.
- Employment Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Racial Discrimination
- Consumer Law
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Defective and Dangerous Products
- Medical Negligence
- Dangerous Property Conditions
- Consumer Fraud and Class Actions
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Missouri Lawyers Media, Employment Law POWER List, 2020-2021
The Best Lawyers in America, 2011-2024
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2005-2021
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Top 100 Lawyers in Missouri and Kansas, 2006, 2021
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Top 50 Lawyers in Kansas City, 2016
- Kansas City Business Journal, Selected Best of the Bar, 2003-2017
- Raytown Schools Hall of Fame Inductee, 2017
- Kansas City Magazine, Top 50 Kansas City Area Super Lawyers
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys (MATA)
- American Board of Trial Advocacy
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Eastern Jackson County Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Western Missouri/Eastern Kansas Chapter, President, 2010
- Eastern Jackson County Bar Association, President, 1992
Gene is dedicated to supporting youth in his community. He is a coach and a sponsor of sports activities in the Lee’s Summit area.
Gene’s alma mater is the University of Missouri at Kansas City, where he received his J.D. in 1984 and his B.S. in 1981.