Gene Graham has a commanding presence in the courtroom with an ability to connect with a jury that is seen by others as coming natural to him.
“I chose to become a lawyer because of my father, Gene P. Graham Sr., who was the finest man and trial lawyer I have ever known. He was also the most influential person in my career and life. I think about him and miss him every day.”
While his decision to be a lawyer was motivated by growing up watching his father practice law, Gene has also dedicated his career to developing an ability to present a case effectively at trial. He started his practice in 1985.
In addition, Gene is committed to continuing legal education and frequently gives his time as a guest lecturer to the local bar association and The Missouri Bar. He’s also been repeatedly recognized as one of the most accomplished attorneys in the community with honors that include Kansas City Best of the Bar recognition and inclusion in the Top 50 Attorneys in Kansas City by Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers.
A native of Raytown, MO and a graduate of Raytown South High School, Gene now lives in Lee’s Summit. He and his wife Lori have three children — Patrick, Lindsey and Jack.
Gene is dedicated to supporting youth in his community. He is a coach and a sponsor of sports activities in the Lee’s Summit area.
- Employment Discrimination
- Sexual Discrimination and Harassment
- Racial Discrimination
- Consumer Law
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Defective and Dangerous Products
- Medical Negligence
- Dangerous Property Conditions
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys (MATA)
- American Board of Trial Advocacy
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Eastern Jackson County Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- 2010 President of the Western Missouri/Eastern Kansas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- 1993 President of the Eastern Jackson County Bar Association
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyers (Years)
- Top 50 Kansas City Area Super Lawyers, KC Magazine
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™
- 2003 thru 2017 Selected Best of the Bar Kansas City Business Journal
- 2006 Selected Top 100 Lawyers in Missouri and Kansas
- 2016 Selected Top 50 Lawyers in Kansas City
- 2017 Inductee into Raytown Schools Hall of Fame
Gene’s alma mater is the University of Missouri at Kansas City, where he received his J.D. in 1984 and his B.S. in 1981.