Deborah “Debbie” Blakely is a highly experienced harassment and discrimination attorney. She handles cases ranging from race discrimination and sexual harassment to retaliation and personal injury. Detail oriented and organized, Debbie works diligently to prepare cases for trial.
Her attention to detail and ability to keep cases on track consistently contribute to her ability to achieve successful outcomes for her clients. Debbie frequently works with individuals who are subjected to unwanted attention or unfair treatment in the workplace. When taking on a case, Debbie takes immediate action and aggressively seeks justice and compensation.
“When a client comes to me with a sexual harassment or discrimination case, our first priority is to understand the circumstances of the case so that we can quickly develop a best course of action for addressing the issue. We strive to earn our clients trust so that they know that they can rely on our teams during what are the most stressful times of their lives. I treat them each with respect and dedicate myself to a successful outcome for each case.”
Debbie has defended numerous arbitration cases in employment matters with sport teams and well-known large corporations that have attempted to force their employees into settlements. This experience has equipped Debbie with the ability to hold a wrongful party accountable no matter the reputation and size of the company.
She began practicing 16 years ago with White, Graham, Buckley & Carr, L.L.C. Previously, Debbie clerked for the Missouri Supreme Court and worked as an associate attorney with a defense law firm.
- Debbie is currently a volunteer with the United States Pony Club, Boy Scouts and with Clay County 4H. She has volunteered as a tutor through the LEAP foundation. She has also worked as a court-appointed special advocate (CASA).
- Volunteer, Mid America Combined Training Association
- Volunteer, City Union Mission (Gift Delivery)
- Volunteer, Salvation Army (Adopt a Family)
- Employment Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Personal Injury
- Eastern Jackson County Bar Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Kansas City Affiliate of the National Employment Lawyer’s Association
- Participant in Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court and the KCMBA Leadership Academy
- July 2017–2019 Secretary, National Employment Lawyers Association
Debbie is admitted to practice before the following courts: