Debbie Blakely is a highly experienced harassment and discrimination attorney. She handles cases ranging from race discrimination and sexual harassment to retaliation. Detail oriented and organized, Debbie works diligently to prepare cases for trial.
Her attention to detail and ability to keep cases on track consistently contribute to her ability to achieve successful outcomes for her clients. Debbie frequently works with individuals who are subjected to unwanted attention or unfair treatment in the workplace. When taking on a case, Debbie takes immediate action and aggressively seeks justice and compensation.
“When a client comes to me with a sexual harassment or discrimination case, our first priority is to understand the circumstances of the case so that we can quickly develop a best course of action for addressing the issue. We strive to earn our clients trust so that they know that they can rely on our teams during what are the most stressful times of their lives. I treat them each with respect and dedicate myself to a successful outcome for each case.”
Debbie has opposed enforcement of numerous arbitration agreements in which employers attempt to force their employees into arbitration rather than having their claims heard in court. This experience has equipped Debbie with the ability to hold a wrongful party accountable no matter the reputation and size of the company.
Prior to joining the firm, Debbie clerked for the Missouri Supreme Court and worked as an associate attorney at two local defense firms.
- Employment Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Personal Injury
- Missouri Lawyers Media’s Women’s Justice Awards, Litigation Practitioner, 2021
The Best Lawyers in America, 2021-2023
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2018-2021
- Eastern Jackson County Bar Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- National Employment Lawyer’s Association, Kansas City Affiliate
- Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court and the KCMBA Leadership Academy, Participant
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Secretary, 2017–2019
- HorsePower Experiential Learning Program, Board of Directors member
- United States Pony Club, Volunteer
- Boy Scouts of America, Volunteer
- Clay County 4H, Volunteer
- LEAP Foundation, Tutor
- CASA, Volunteer
- Mid America Combined Training Association, Volunteer
- City Union Mission, Volunteer (Gift Delivery)
- Salvation Army, Volunteer (Adopt a Family)